The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

3 new infections tied to tainted steroids, says state health officials

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

3 new infections tied to tainted steroids, says state health officials Empty
PostSubject: 3 new infections tied to tainted steroids, says state health officials   3 new infections tied to tainted steroids, says state health officials EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 1:39 am

I was talking with one of my wifes many aunts over christmas and she mentioned how she worked at one of the clinics in Michigan where this has happened. She felt awful about it and was disgusted with the company that allowed this to happen. Makes you question if you are truly safe when it comes to healthcare these days. I don't see a doctor unless I absolutely have to.

Source

Quote :
LANSING, Mich. — Michigan health officials have reported three more infections in the past week linked to contaminated steroids supplied by a Massachusetts pharmaceutical company.

The Michigan Department of Community Health says at least 244 people have been infected with illnesses including fungal meningitis that are part of a national disease outbreak. The steroids are used in injections to treat neck and back pain.

The department reports that at least 15 people have died in the outbreak, unchanged from last Monday.

As of Friday, the department says there have been 68 cases of fungal meningitis, 153 epidural abscesses, one stroke and 22 peripheral joint infections in Michigan tied to the steroids.
Back to top Go down

3 new infections tied to tainted steroids, says state health officials
Page 1 of 1