The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ney York At It Again.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

Ney York At It Again. Empty
PostSubject: Ney York At It Again.   Ney York At It Again. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 6:19 pm

All I have left to say to the people of New York is; if you love your freedom and the Constitution then get out now. Go to a state that will stand for their citizens instead of standing against them. That is the only way the lawmakers might get the point. A max exedous from the state would be one hell of a political statement. If my state begins this crap We will pack up and go in a heartbeat. If I lived in New York I would have been gone long ago.

Source.

Quote :
A bill introduced in the New York State Assembly by Assemblyman Felix Ortiz, a Democrat, would require the state’s residents to acquire liability insurance as a condition for gun ownership.

“Any person in this state who shall own a firearm shall, prior to such ownership, obtain and continuously maintain a policy of liability insurance in an amount not less than one million dollars specifically covering any damages resulting from any negligent or willful acts involving the use of such firearm while it is owned by such person,” the measure, dubbed S2353, reads.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SEE RELATED: Mayor Emanuel: Minority males are majority of Chicago’s shooters

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any person who has not purchased insurance in compliance with the law within 30 days of its passing would be in violation of the law.

Such an occurrence “shall result in the immediate revocation of such owner’s registration, license and any other privilege to own such firearm.”

The bill also states that if a gun is stolen, the legal owner of that gun is responsible for any damage incurred until a loss or theft is reported to the police department.

Liability insurance for $1 million in coverage for gun owners is estimated to cost between $1,600 and $2,000 annually, the Examiner reports.

The bill has been referred to the Assembly’s Insurance Committee.

Mr. Ortiz represents a district in the New York borough of Brooklyn.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ney York At It Again.   Ney York At It Again. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:09 pm

I agree, although easier said than done. People have to sell their homes, find a job in another state, I would do it, but it would take a long time. As far as that goes, I think it's just a matter of time before it happens to us all. So where should we go? Costa Rica? Lets all go there. We are all going to have to fight harder, unfortunately most don't realize it yet. I don't even know what we can do, our government doesn't listen to their people, so it really doesn't help to demonstrate. Something more will have to be done.
Back to top Go down
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: Ney York At It Again.   Ney York At It Again. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 8:23 pm

StandUp4Yourself wrote:
I agree, although easier said than done. People have to sell their homes, find a job in another state, I would do it, but it would take a long time. As far as that goes, I think it's just a matter of time before it happens to us all. So where should we go? Costa Rica? Lets all go there. We are all going to have to fight harder, unfortunately most don't realize it yet. I don't even know what we can do, our government doesn't listen to their people, so it really doesn't help to demonstrate. Something more will have to be done.

I know it is a hard thing to do but at this point it is the wisest in my opinion. A max exedous from one state would show lawmakers in other states that their actions do in fact bear consequences and would maybe cause them to rethink how they go about this delicate issue. Your absolutely right that demonstrating in this country has little effect anymore. That is why we need to think about things differently. I love the fact that many manufacturers are standing up for the citizens by not supplying products to states who are infringing. I also like how companies are leaving states that are restricting laws and moving to others. I hope to see more of that industy make it's way into Michigan myself. We have the workforce and many 2nd amendment supporters here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ney York At It Again.   Ney York At It Again. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 pm

OathKeepingJarhead wrote:
I know it is a hard thing to do but at this point it is the wisest in my opinion. A max exedous from one state would show lawmakers in other states that their actions do in fact bear consequences and would maybe cause them to rethink how they go about this delicate issue. Your absolutely right that demonstrating in this country has little effect anymore. That is why we need to think about things differently. I love the fact that many manufacturers are standing up for the citizens by not supplying products to states who are infringing. I also like how companies are leaving states that are restricting laws and moving to others. I hope to see more of that industy make it's way into Michigan myself. We have the workforce and many 2nd amendment supporters here.

It would definitely make them rethink, which is what we need. Here is a link to 6 companies that have said they will not sell their products to law enforcement and government agencies. This is exactly what we need everywhere. You may have read this already, but here it is: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Gun-Companies-To-State-Governments-With-Strict-Gun-Laws-No-Guns-For-You
Back to top Go down
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: Ney York At It Again.   Ney York At It Again. EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 11:02 pm

StandUp4Yourself wrote:
OathKeepingJarhead wrote:

It would definitely make them rethink, which is what we need. Here is a link to 6 companies that have said they will not sell their products to law enforcement and government agencies. This is exactly what we need everywhere. You may have read this already, but here it is: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Gun-Companies-To-State-Governments-With-Strict-Gun-Laws-No-Guns-For-You

Barret Firearms has also added their names to the list as well. Hopefully more will get on board as that is a powerfull statement when the manufacturers choose people over government contracts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ney York At It Again.   Ney York At It Again. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ney York At It Again.
Page 1 of 1