The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where and how would you hide your guns?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Where and how would you hide your guns? Empty
PostSubject: Where and how would you hide your guns?   Where and how would you hide your guns? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:34 am

I was wanting to get some ideas circulated here on the issue of hiding weapons on the day the government decides it is time to take our weapons. What do you think that day will be like? How many officials do you think will be at your door? They will obviously ask you if you have weapons and where. I don't think any of us here plan on telling them, so where and how would you hide them?

Would you try burying caches around your property? Do you think these officials will actually check your property? What types of containers would you use?

I have heard of one good way is to hide your weapons under your furnace. I'm assuming this means you would have a crawl space to do that in. It was said that the huge piece of metal that the furnace is makes metal detectors not be able to detect the weapons. Does anyone know about this? Also read something about wrapping your weapon in a blanket and putting in your air return. cherry
Back to top Go down
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: Where and how would you hide your guns?   Where and how would you hide your guns? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:48 pm

I would vacuum seal them and bury them around the state forest land that surrounds me. I would not hide them on my property as they would be found that way. I hope it does not come to that though.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Maximus

Lupus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Where and how would you hide your guns?   Where and how would you hide your guns? EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:30 pm

You'll probably want to do more then vacuum seal them. Your also going to want to put them in a PVC pipe of the right diameter fill it with uncooked rice and glue a cap on each end. Also, spray it down with WD40 before you seal it up. Do the same with some ammo and put it in there.

One other thing, when you bury it, bury it as deep as possible and vertically, it leaves less of a foot print and it's harder to detect with a metal detector.

I'm pretty lucky, I have a tractor with a 3 point hitch and a PTO and a couple of augers that I built an extension for, but you can rent a 2 man hand held auger, it's the best way to bury them.

Then the most important thing is to make sure you record EXACTLY where it is with a GPS AND a landmark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where and how would you hide your guns?   Where and how would you hide your guns? EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 12:00 am

Lupus Maximus wrote:
You'll probably want to do more then vacuum seal them. Your also going to want to put them in a PVC pipe of the right diameter fill it with uncooked rice and glue a cap on each end. Also, spray it down with WD40 before you seal it up. Do the same with some ammo and put it in there.

One other thing, when you bury it, bury it as deep as possible and vertically, it leaves less of a foot print and it's harder to detect with a metal detector.

I'm pretty lucky, I have a tractor with a 3 point hitch and a PTO and a couple of augers that I built an extension for, but you can rent a 2 man hand held auger, it's the best way to bury them.

Then the most important thing is to make sure you record EXACTLY where it is with a GPS AND a landmark.

I have heard of the PVC pipe one, I'm glad you brought that one up. Sounds like a good idea and I forgot all about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where and how would you hide your guns?   Where and how would you hide your guns? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where and how would you hide your guns?
Page 1 of 1