The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad. Empty
PostSubject: Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad.   Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad. EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:22 pm

With there currently being a run on the 2nd Amendment it has sent buyers and sellers into a frenzy. It has been heavily reported on in the alternative media but not on the msm which I would not expect it to anyway. This weekend I went around and conducted a survey of ammo distributers in my area. I went to 5 stores and one gun show and was in disbelief at how bad this shortage had gotten. I could not find .308 rounds anywhere. Obviously .556 and 7.62 are still sold out everywhere as well. I also could not even find .22 long rifle rounds. I found very little handgun ammo and what I did find was extremely over priced. I don't know about the rest of you but I cannot afford to spend $1-$5 per shot on ammo to recreationally target shoot. And I sure as hell am not going to go recreational shooting if I cannot replace the ammo.

I also searched online and found similar results. I was able to find some ammo but it was way overpriced. Even Cheaperthandirt.com which I have used for some time now has marked up their ammo so much that they should seriously consider a name change because now they are expensiveasshit.com, or at least that should be the name. The only thing I have found an abundance of on the shelves was shotgun shells. Mostly birdshot but there were still slugs and buckshot at most places I went.

Things are also bad for those who load their own ammo right now. Their supplies are just as thin and the price on the equipment is skyrocketing everywhere. This is just all around depressing. Summer is almost here and I usually do alot of shooting in the summer months. If this shortage persists then I won't be doing any shooting this summer.

The dealers and sellers I spoke with all said that there is a decline in the demand for the semi-auto rifles but not enough to keep the shelves stocked just yet. And the prices on the rifles when you find them are still rediculous.
Bolt action rifles however are very easy to find right now with the exception of tactical bolt action rifles. I just bought a Ruger American .308 this week for a nice sale price. It should make a good deer rifle to take up north hunting in the fall.
I hope that the hysteria will dwindle down here soon and the shooting community can get back to normal.

till then, keep your powder dry, so to speak.

Semper Fi.
Back to top Go down
MilitiaMan

MilitiaMan

PostSubject: Re: Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad.   Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad. EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 1:06 am

OathKeepingJarhead wrote:
With there currently being a run on the 2nd Amendment it has sent buyers and sellers into a frenzy. It has been heavily reported on in the alternative media but not on the msm which I would not expect it to anyway. This weekend I went around and conducted a survey of ammo distributers in my area. I went to 5 stores and one gun show and was in disbelief at how bad this shortage had gotten. I could not find .308 rounds anywhere. Obviously .556 and 7.62 are still sold out everywhere as well. I also could not even find .22 long rifle rounds. I found very little handgun ammo and what I did find was extremely over priced. I don't know about the rest of you but I cannot afford to spend $1-$5 per shot on ammo to recreationally target shoot. And I sure as hell am not going to go recreational shooting if I cannot replace the ammo.

I also searched online and found similar results. I was able to find some ammo but it was way overpriced. Even Cheaperthandirt.com which I have used for some time now has marked up their ammo so much that they should seriously consider a name change because now they are expensiveasshit.com, or at least that should be the name. The only thing I have found an abundance of on the shelves was shotgun shells. Mostly birdshot but there were still slugs and buckshot at most places I went.

Things are also bad for those who load their own ammo right now. Their supplies are just as thin and the price on the equipment is skyrocketing everywhere. This is just all around depressing. Summer is almost here and I usually do alot of shooting in the summer months. If this shortage persists then I won't be doing any shooting this summer.

The dealers and sellers I spoke with all said that there is a decline in the demand for the semi-auto rifles but not enough to keep the shelves stocked just yet. And the prices on the rifles when you find them are still rediculous.
Bolt action rifles however are very easy to find right now with the exception of tactical bolt action rifles. I just bought a Ruger American .308 this week for a nice sale price. It should make a good deer rifle to take up north hunting in the fall.
I hope that the hysteria will dwindle down here soon and the shooting community can get back to normal.

Semper Fi.
LuckyGunner.com has very fair prices on all ammo. They have most everything in stock, they let you know how much they have exactly at all times. They even have odd ones like the 5.45X39. check them out and give them a try,ship right to your door in 2-3 business days...
Back to top Go down
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad.   Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad. EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 6:44 pm

MilitiaMan wrote:
OathKeepingJarhead wrote:

Semper Fi.
    LuckyGunner.com has very fair prices on all ammo. They have most everything in stock, they let you know how much they have exactly at all times. They even have odd ones like the 5.45X39. check them out and give them a try,ship right to your door in 2-3 business days...
Thanks for the heads up. Things are getting better. I am finding 5.56, and 7.62 on the shelves regularly now and am having no problem getting .45 through internet sites. The one thing that is still ridiculous in both supply and price is .22LR. I cannot find it on the shelves and most internet companies are charging way too much for it. .50 cents a round in some cases. Most all other ammo is back to the prices they were a year ago or so. I have also noticed that there are always AKs, and ARs, on the shelves whenever I am out and about and the prices on those are almost back to what they were a year ago. I am waiting for a sale to get a new AR. I want a Sig but they can get pricey.
Back to top Go down
MilitiaMan

MilitiaMan

PostSubject: RE: Ammo Shortage   Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad. EmptyThu Sep 05, 2013 12:33 pm

http://www.luckygunner.com      There's the link, I took a look and they have 22 LR for around 17 cents per round. I have a Stag Arms Model 3 AR,it cost around $ 800.00, not to bad and a great Rifle, I myself would have loved a Sig, like you said a lil pricey. I put the P-223 Scope on it, I like that scope because I can go to    www.spoton.com and put in the ballistics of my rounds, like 855 62 gr. and it lets me know what every reticle in the scope shoots @ out to 600 yards. Hope you like the site and find everything you need.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad.   Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad. Empty

Back to top Go down

Nationwide Ammo Shortage Is Getting Bad.
Page 1 of 1