The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

They Will Not Stop Until You Are Disarmed.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

They Will Not Stop Until You Are Disarmed. Empty
PostSubject: They Will Not Stop Until You Are Disarmed.   They Will Not Stop Until You Are Disarmed. EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 2:51 am

The article here pretty much speaks for itself. The left is going to keep adamantly going after our guns until they get them or until their is a civil war. When one idea or piece of legislation gets shot down another pops up. Arm up people and do not let them go. I fear before too long that we will all need them.

Link

Quote :
Vice President Joseph R. Biden rallied gun control advocates Wednesday ahead of a “day of action” organized by a prominent advocacy group, telling supporters that bans on so-called assault weapons and high-capacity magazines would be followed by further gun controls.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi spoke similarly, predicting that whatever bills pass Congress this term will not end the issue from her perspective.

On a conference call organized by Mayors Against Illegal Guns, the group co-chaired by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, Mr. Biden was emphatic, saying, “Let me say this as clearly as I can: this is just the beginning.”

“We believe that weapons of war have no place on our streets. That’s the message that retired admirals and generals have spoken to us about. The comment one of them used was if you want to learn how to use a semiautomatic weapon, join the United States Military. But these are weapons of war,” Mr. Biden said.

“We believe there’s no rational reason why someone would need a clip that can hold 15, 20, 30, 100 bullets, 100 rounds,” he continued. “We have to do more, and we will do more.”

Mr. Biden said Mr. Bloomberg and the Connecticut school shootings are the “engine” that is generating help on the issue.

“Nothing shocked America’s conscience … like the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School,” Mr. Biden said. “It had a profound impact on the psyche of the American people.”

“And look, all their voices are silent now,” Mr. Biden said of the victims. “But we cannot remain silent. We cannot remain silent. And the courage that was demonstrated by those teachers — we don’t expect the same amount of courage from our elected officials, but Lord, we do expect them to have the courage to stand up and take responsible action to end this senseless violence.”

Nevertheless, though individual gun measures like universal background checks on all gun sales show continue to enjoy overwhelming support, polls also show that support for broader gun controls has waned since December’s shooting rampage.

A new CBS News poll shows that 47 percent of Americans support stricter gun control laws, compared to a high of 57 percent right after the shootings. And a recent CNN poll showed 43 percent of Americans support “major restrictions” or a complete ban on guns — down from 52 percent in December.

A spokesman for the National Rifle Association said such numbers show people realize that “gun control is not the answer to reducing crime or trying to make sure the horrific shootings like what happened in Connecticut and Colorado don’t happen again.”

“I think they understand and they agree with the NRA that in order to reduce crime and reduce the instances of mass shootings, we need to fix our broken mental health system, we need to increase prosecutions of our violent crimes and we need to provide a blanket of security for children in our schools,” said NRA spokesman Andrew Arulanandam.

But Mrs. Pelosi said gun control advocates have not lost momentum.

“I’ve been to a number of states since this Congress has gone in and many parts of different states and the public is so far ahead of the Congress on this subject,” the California Democrat said Wednesday. “I believe whatever passes in the Congress now will not be the end of the day for this issue.”

Mrs. Pelosi said that if a ban on so-called assault weapons does not pass, it would create an even greater impetus for Congress to approve strong legislation on universal background checks. She added that members voted for the ban that passed in 1994 knowing it would cost them their seats, but said later it was worth it if it saves lives
Back to top Go down

They Will Not Stop Until You Are Disarmed.
Page 1 of 1