The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Coexist Wallpaper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 5:59 pm

Here's a nice wallpaper.

Coexist Wallpaper 7081210
Back to top Go down
http://bobpowell.blogspot.com/
lonewolf

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:44 pm

NOOOOOO.

Bobby the peace sign is the sign of Nero Caesar, its called the broken cross. Nero believed he could bring peace on earth if he killed every christian. His barbarism was so awful that even Trajan felt moved to feel compassion for Nero's self dubbed "Roman Candles". Nero figure dout how to flush christians out of hiding by testing them, by trying to force them to renounce Jesus and then worship one of the roman's deities. Those who couldn't reject Jesus were then dipped in boiling oil and then tied to stakes and set on fire at night to light Nero's garden and he dubbed them "Roman Candles" which is where the modern firework gets it's atrocious name from.
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:06 pm

lonewolf wrote:
NOOOOOO.

Bobby the peace sign is the sign of Nero Caesar, its called the broken cross. Nero believed he could bring peace on earth if he killed every christian. His barbarism was so awful that even Trajan felt moved to feel compassion for Nero's self dubbed "Roman Candles". Nero figure dout how to flush christians out of hiding by testing them, by trying to force them to renounce Jesus and then worship one of the roman's deities. Those who couldn't reject Jesus were then dipped in boiling oil and then tied to stakes and set on fire at night to light Nero's garden and he dubbed them "Roman Candles" which is where the modern firework gets it's atrocious name from.

Screw Nero, he was a dick (God I love having my own forum Laughing ). I'm an old hippie, and to me the peace sign means just that - peace. I'd never heard the Nero thing before so I did a quick Google, and according to what I've read in the last few minutes, the peace sign was created in 1958. If you have any links to photos of this symbol being used before then I'd be interested in looking at them.

http://www.gotquestions.org/peace-sign.html

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/435/what-is-the-origin-of-the-peace-symbol

Love ya bro,

Bobby
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:15 pm

On a side note:

Quote :
At least with Jesus you won't be dropping anvils on anyone's heads.
cheers

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi Bob, My first time to have seen this image or take notice of . Thought it was pretty cool but -

I too am somewhat hippyish and can see why you like or are drawn to the wallpaper - the message- psychodelic colors, et al. It's cool as far as that part goes. However I tend to agree with lonewolf on this. Just my opinion from my studies .. and to me, it has more of a new age feel to it. I also noticed the yin/yang symbol .. or chi in this image. This would definitely be considered religious but imho it isn't traditional Christian. This is more of mix but YES we should LOVE and Coexist Smile Gr8 message.

Anyway to let you know , While driving yesterday, I got behind a car that had a Coexist bumper sticker on it . This had a blue background/minus all the beautiful colors of yours.
I , of course, IMMEDIATELY thought of you - was reminded to pray for you -so I DID ... What are the chances of this just days after being new to this wallpaper? This was between 2:30-3:00 PM CST and now I am wondering what was happening with you at this very time!

Anyway, my 2cnts.
Of course, God knows the hearts/intentions,etc- whether someone wishes to deny Him, break His cross, if they are evil or not. He knows ALL and this is what truly matters -bottom line!

We ARE being bombarded with a lot of symbolism today. Even hidden ones. Most folk do not realize this nor do they realize what their roots/meanings .

So I hear ya, Lonewolf. I felt your concern and had to chime in.
BP gotta lol at Screw NERO , though, I agree there too! but at the same time, we all must stand against the things that oppose or compromise our standards, etc.. Let me say it this way. Take a swatstika ...all pychodelic'ed up . Say, I was going to tattoo it on my shoulder but then someone showed me the truth about it's meaning. Convinced and now that I KNOW it's meaning, I would NEVER tattoo it on myself just because it was neat , cool or eye candy. I would stay far away that tatoo idea lol.. Makes perfectly good sense to me. We shouldn't/wouldn't want to promote anything that we don't stand or have convictions for , agreed?

Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper EmptyThu Sep 20, 2012 3:48 pm

SeekerOfTruthLou wrote:
Hi Bob, My first time to have seen this image or take notice of . Thought it was pretty cool but -
We shouldn't/wouldn't want to promote anything that we don't stand or have convictions for , agreed?

Of course not, which is why I asked LW for proof that the peace symbol was around before 1958, which is what my research has concluded. If it was indeed invented in 1958, then it couldn't possibly have anything to do with Nero or a "broken cross." If I have to take a guess, the broken cross explanation came from an overzealous Christian who just caught his child smoking weed, while doodling one on their notebook, back in the day.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coexist Wallpaper Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coexist Wallpaper   Coexist Wallpaper Empty

Back to top Go down

Coexist Wallpaper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Truth Is Viral :: RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS-
Jump to: