The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM Empty
PostSubject: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptyMon Sep 10, 2012 4:22 pm

Every website needs a thread where people can post "Random Thoughts", basically inanities that don't deserve their own thread, yet are amusing enough to share. You can talk about anything in this thread, but let's try and keep it lighthearted shall we? There's enough Doom and Gloom everywhere else we look. Let's save this thread for small talk, banter, amusing anecdotes, and witty repartee.

So, I'll start it off:

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum today. I was googling a contact in the local Jewish community and one of the top links containing his name came up as "www.cia.edu/."

I though, "Great, I can't swing a dead cat without running into the CIA these days." Mad Laughing

Out of curiosity I clicked on the link and it took me to the Cleveland Institute of Arts. LOL - I guess sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Phewwww.

Hahaha.
Back to top Go down
http://bobpowell.blogspot.com/
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 8:09 pm

I'm sitting here patiently, script for the next show ready to shoot, waiting for my son to clean up the studio. Since I've done all of my shows outside this summer I haven't used the studio at all, so my boys took over my "office" in the garage and turned it into a hangout for all of their friends. Imagine the MESS!

Since he and his friends did most of the damage I asked my oldest to clean it up last night, twice; then again a couple of hours ago. He's JUST getting around to it.

Oh, BTW, I painted the walls flat black so the background is invisible. The entire wall was once a huge green screen but since I switched to HD I'm having a terrible time getting a clean chroma key - it's my dinosaur of a computer that is the problem. I had no problems at all when I was shooting in 480p; but 720p pushes the computer's processor to the limit, and all of the 1080p video I shot on the 4th of July is useless until I get a better machine.

Getting rid of the permanent green screen will save me 24 hours of rendering time for each 45 minute show. Besides, I think the feel of the show will be more "real" this way. If I absolutely must have a green screen effect, I have a 6'x6' cloth I can hang.
Back to top Go down
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 4:26 am

I watched four cars flp over during the Enduro racing championships tonight. It was awsome. Some of the best races of the season. Also me and my buddies run of bad luck is over. The new car we spent the last two weeks building did great and did not get much damage. Won some cash too so it was a good night all in all.
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 am

My mom is visiting from Illinois, and we're having a very nice visit. I'm taking extra care to talk to my mom about things that need to be settled, catching up on things I've missed, and making up for past mistakes. I want to remember everything about this visit because I feel deep down in my heart that this is the last time I will ever see my mother. Even if I'm wrong about the Gog/Magog war bringing about a financial collapse in the US, nuclear war in the Middle East, and possibly an EMP attack on the Homeland by Iranian/North Korean missiles, she's not in good health.

She knows it too. She hasn't said anything, but she doesn't have to. I can tell by the way she is acting. Damn, this sucks.

But I'm going to enjoy every minute we get to spend together. In fact, this afternoon we are going to go to an apple orchard where they have a little tour of their cider making facilities. That should be fun, buy some hard cider and get my mom all liquored up; we can talk about her days as an active member of the John Birch Society, a tradition I've carried on (I think that puts me on another list. Shhhh.) for the show. She'd be a fascinating guest really. During WWII while all the men were off to war there was still stock car racing, and my mom was a successful driver. I have a picture of her doing a victory lap holding the checkered flag out the window of the car around here somewhere.

My mom is actually quite cool.

Last edited by Bob Powell on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptySun Oct 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Bob, enjoy that visit with Mom-am very happy for you to have this time together! It would be great if you could interview her on a show. Regardless, take notes, audio tape! My mom told me so many stories re her experiences, also about living at Oak Ridge in its beginnings, etc. but over time, I have forgotten so much. Wish I had recorded everything. Your mom does sound pretty cool - I can imagine the adrenaline , racing et al. JB Society huh? Interesting!
Speaking of moms... it will be a year now since my Mom has passed . But this little funny came to mind.

When in from Oak Ridge, visiting friends and family back in her hometown, Mom was so fearful to answer ANY questions about what it was like, etc at Oak Ridge because of the sign that reads :
" What You See Here
What You Do Here
What You Hear Here
When You Leave Here
Let It Stay Here"

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM Whatyo1

She realized later , of course, that she could have answered some of the simplest questions asked of her by her old classmates/ friends . She recalled all the fear that this sign instilled in her, thinking she would get into MAJOR trouble if she mentioned the least little thing. .. We laugh -but this just goes to show how the little minds work. I'd probably have been the same way though lol, who knows...
Anyway, thought it was funny, we have to laugh about this. I can only imagine being in her shoes.

---
Bob, are you still scheduled to have stent surgery this month ? AND you are going for the record of live stream? This may not be too healthy a thing for you to try just now - Check with you doc first! Would hate for you to stress yourself tOO much..Do let us know when. ok? Prayers are with ya, bro!

Find that checkered flag-- There's nothing like victory! cheers
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 10:03 am

SeekerOfTruthLou wrote:
Bob, enjoy that visit with Mom-am very happy for you to have this time together! It would be great if you could interview her on a show. Regardless, take notes, audio tape! My mom told me so many stories re her experiences, also about living at Oak Ridge in its beginnings, etc. but over time, I have forgotten so much. Wish I had recorded everything. Your mom does sound pretty cool - I can imagine the adrenaline , racing et al. JB Society huh? Interesting!
Speaking of moms... it will be a year now since my Mom has passed . But this little funny came to mind.

When in from Oak Ridge, visiting friends and family back in her hometown, Mom was so fearful to answer ANY questions about what it was like, etc at Oak Ridge because of the sign that reads :
" What You See Here
What You Do Here
What You Hear Here
When You Leave Here
Let It Stay Here"

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM Whatyo1

She realized later , of course, that she could have answered some of the simplest questions asked of her by her old classmates/ friends . She recalled all the fear that this sign instilled in her, thinking she would get into MAJOR trouble if she mentioned the least little thing. .. We laugh -but this just goes to show how the little minds work. I'd probably have been the same way though lol, who knows...
Anyway, thought it was funny, we have to laugh about this. I can only imagine being in her shoes.

---
Bob, are you still scheduled to have stent surgery this month ? AND you are going for the record of live stream? This may not be too healthy a thing for you to try just now - Check with you doc first! Would hate for you to stress yourself tOO much..Do let us know when. ok? Prayers are with ya, bro!

Find that checkered flag-- There's nothing like victory! cheers

I liked that story Lou. Funny how she didn't distinguish between "work" related activities and normal every day life.

I went to see my GP doctor yesterday, and he's getting everything set up for me; appointments for the spine and heart surgeries, and with a nephrologist. Getting old sucks. Laughing

In any case he doesn't act like it's something that could kill me at any moment, so I'm not worried. I wish he'd hurry getting the spine surgery set up tho, because my arm, shoulder, and back of my chest are in quite a bit of pain.

The location of the stream is yet to be determined. I know a guy who has a pub in town that I want to use. It has a kitchen, pool tables, and dart boards; plus on my birthday I can play music as loud as I want without having to worry about my neighbors. He's checking to see if there is going to be any problem with the local PD over the whole "the bar has to be empty at 2 a.m." thing, so that's still up in the air. If all else fails I can do it from home and still make it fun.

I can stay awake for 48 hours, I'm not worried about that. What worries me the most is that my internet connection will fail at some point and I'll have to start all over again.
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:55 pm

Bob Powell wrote:

I liked that story Lou. Funny how she didn't distinguish between "work" related activities and normal every day life.

I went to see my GP doctor yesterday, and he's getting everything set up for me; appointments for the spine and heart surgeries, and with a nephrologist. Getting old sucks. Laughing

In any case he doesn't act like it's something that could kill me at any moment, so I'm not worried. I wish he'd hurry getting the spine surgery set up tho, because my arm, shoulder, and back of my chest are in quite a bit of pain.

The location of the stream is yet to be determined. I know a guy who has a pub in town that I want to use. It has a kitchen, pool tables, and dart boards; plus on my birthday I can play music as loud as I want without having to worry about my neighbors. He's checking to see if there is going to be any problem with the local PD over the whole "the bar has to be empty at 2 a.m." thing, so that's still up in the air. If all else fails I can do it from home and still make it fun.

I can stay awake for 48 hours, I'm not worried about that. What worries me the most is that my internet connection will fail at some point and I'll have to start all over again.

Feeling those aches and pains with ya, Bro. Arthur has come to visit and I think he's decided to stay . lol and I am needing some surgery myself ....It is unofficial - but they may need to rebreak my clavical -also needing possible labrum surgery. We shall see.

Anyway... yeah, it's fun getting old /sarc but hey we are WISER today .Got to think positively!

Will be rooting for ya - Glad doc's given the A-OK! Hey, can you possibly stream from two internet services at the same time? lol if one breaks the other keeps going? .. just a thought.

You have a good chance Bob - Good Luck!

PS Fallen comrade here never heard a word back btw... not the first word!
Had to laugh at a past stranger experience . While in line at the grocery store one day, some strange man at another register across started talking to me and told me that he ''has been meaning to come see me".... Anyway . to make a long story short. This man had blue eyes , was older and I had NO clue who he was. My experience is probably documented online somewhere but this was weird and gave me an eerie feeling ... I'll never forget his face with those bright piercing eyes, etc. Well Bob, I KNOW he came to see you too. lmao.... It was the BAN man ! I meant to post this the first time posting in here ... When I logged on to see that mans face .... Can you imagine how I felt.? LMAO at this.... but I'm being serious about this.... Gotta laugh though! A funny thing...happened to your forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 5:57 pm

SeekerOfTruthLou wrote:
Bob Powell wrote:

Feeling those aches and pains with ya, Bro. Arthur has come to visit and I think he's decided to stay . lol and I am needing some surgery myself ....It is unofficial - but they may need to rebreak my clavical -also needing possible labrum surgery. We shall see.

Anyway... yeah, it's fun getting old /sarc but hey we are WISER today .Got to think positively!

Will be rooting for ya - Glad doc's given the A-OK! Hey, can you possibly stream from two internet services at the same time? lol if one breaks the other keeps going? .. just a thought.

You have a good chance Bob - Good Luck!

PS Fallen comrade here never heard a word back btw... not the first word!
Had to laugh at a past stranger experience . While in line at the grocery store one day, some strange man at another register across started talking to me and told me that he ''has been meaning to come see me".... Anyway . to make a long story short. This man had blue eyes , was older and I had NO clue who he was. My experience is probably documented online somewhere but this was weird and gave me an eerie feeling ... I'll never forget his face with those bright piercing eyes, etc. Well Bob, I KNOW he came to see you too. lmao.... It was the BAN man ! I meant to post this the first time posting in here ... When I logged on to see that mans face .... Can you imagine how I felt.? LMAO at this.... but I'm being serious about this.... Gotta laugh though! A funny thing...happened to your forum. Wink

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM Ats_ba10

That dude?

You have to watch out for him. That is actually Skeptic Overlord's future self, time-traveled back to this point in history. He's trapped here because the technology needed to send him home - A Synaptic Holographically Initiated Temporally Homeostatic Electro-Astrolglial Diffuser (S.H.I.T.H.E.A.D.) - hasn't been invented yet.

Remaining largely off the radar, Future S.O. has been giving his younger self advice since 2005 when ATS got into bed with the National Security Agency. S.O. is (currently) a big guy. His older self is so small and frail because in his timeline ATS was a force for good where intelligent people got together without fear of censorship of any kind. He stood up for the common man, allowing the truth to be posted on ATS long after nearly all other websites caved to NWOUN (New World Order United Nations - pronounced "No One") laws allowing government censors to monitor posts in real time, deleting those critical of the NWOUN and sending TSAFEMA agents to round up the poster and their family, sending them to detention camps for "re-education" or "human resource disposal."

After paying what he considered too heavy a price for his resistance to the NWOUN, S.O. paid a DARPA researcher one TON of gold, acquired by ATS and hidden in a secret bank in the Cayman Islands, to send him back to 2005. Only this time around, S.O. figured that he would JOIN the forces of evil and profit from the enslavement of humanity rather than watch as DOD "contractors", backed up by Russian Spetznatz, North Korean, and Chinese troops rounded up his family and beheaded them in the TSAFEMA camps. He spent years in the camps, surviving by eating rats and cockroaches, and lost nearly 400 pounds. affraid

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM Ats_ns10

OK, obviously what I wrote above is a total work of fiction; but the graphic showing the CLOSE relationship between ATS and the NSA is REAL. The Three Amigos have sold out to the NWO and I wouldn't trust any of them as far as I could spit.

-----------------------
Seriousness ensues
-----------------------

That sucks about them having to re-break your clavicle. I understand that is an extremely painful bone to have broken, and the cast is no joke either.

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM 41199510

That's NOT a clavicle cast BTW, I was just trying to give you a chuckle. You know - at least I KNOW - when you keep getting beat up from a thousand different directions, whether your body betrays you or it just can't recover from the abuse it has taken over the years, there comes a point where all you can do is sit back and laugh at the absurdity of it all. I wonder if Job ever sat back in his cave after he had lost EVERYTHING - his wealth, family, and even his own health - and said to himself, "FML."

lol!
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Bob! LOL - that was hilarious! I've never laughed so hard - well it's been a while, I should say. That was gr8 & omg, I'm still giggling.
You are so quick witted and on your toes - love it! You honestly should consider writing books: You could make a fortune in no time at all!

That internet map sure is interesting. And everything you stated, I tend to agree- is very possible! I had watched them several years before joining.
I never go into anything blindly for one never knows who to trust really- one must tread very carefully.

Anyway, glad you put the ban man pic up lol... yep that was him, the time traveling man. Wink Seriously, when he popped on my screen -it freaked me out- they truly could have been twins!
This coincidence was definitely strange - no doubt -that face is one you can never forget it. lol he said he would come and did Smile lmao.
---------------
Happy Birthday, Jimmy E! Let's remember him and wish him a happppppy birthday : https://ttiv.forumotion.com/t72-happy-birthday-jimmy-e
Want to make him FEEL as special as he IS !! Where's the party? Let's party hearty! Wink

ETA correction: hardy to hearty lol
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 12:43 pm

My fam and I had to laugh at this revelation. After 40 years of this step-mother in the fam, she makes mention of having been a Hell's Angel - says she still has her jacket.
LOL ..so does this explain the whys as to all of the hell she gave the family?!! It didn't surprise us one bit ! Found this to be quite amusing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM   A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM Empty

Back to top Go down

A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO THE FORUM
Page 1 of 1