The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GOP To Vote Today On Banning NBC, CNN From Debates

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

GOP To Vote Today On Banning NBC, CNN From Debates  Empty
PostSubject: GOP To Vote Today On Banning NBC, CNN From Debates    GOP To Vote Today On Banning NBC, CNN From Debates  EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 12:52 pm

I hope they do vote to ban them. both networks are nothing more than extensions of the Obama administration these days. It's funny to flip through the news networks to see how each story is covered and the differences between the networks. By airing Pro-Hillary movies and programs it is certain to be part of her overall campaign plan for 2016. You know our country is truly screwed when someone like Hillary Clinton actually still has a chance at winning the presidency even after her involvement with the Benghazi cover-up. The saddest part is she will most likely run and win in 2016 especially if amnesty is passed and millions of democratic voters are poured into our nation instantly. I believe that is the over plan but that is just my opinion. Either way, we as patriotic Americans are finding ourselves with our backs against the wall more and more everyday. The question I have is when we all will push back?

Source.

Quote :
The Republican National Committee will vote Friday on whether to pull the group’s partnership with NBC and CNN for the 2016 GOP presidential primary debates because of the networks’ plans to air films on Hillary Clinton.

RNC communications director Sean Spicer said the vote will take place at 11 a.m. at the RNC summer meeting in Boston.

According to a document obtained by The Washington Examiner, the resolution calls the films “political favoritism” and accuses NBC and CNN of airing “programming that amounts to little more than extended commercials promoting former Secretary Clinton.”

CNN announced last month it had planned a feature-length film on the life of the former secretary of State and possible Democratic presidential contender. NBC will air a four-hour mini-series starring Diane Lane as Clinton.

Earlier this month, RNC chairman Reince Priebus sent letters to CNN President Jeff Zucker and NBC Chairman Robert Greenblatt warning he’d pull GOP debates from the networks over the films, which he called “a thinly veiled attempt at putting a thumb on the scales of the 2016 presidential election.”

The chairman argued that moving ahead with the movie projects was evidence that neither network could be trusted to be fair arbiters in a presidential debate.

NBC News has defended its project, saying it’s completely independent from the Clinton documentary, which is being produced by NBC Entertainment. CNN accused the RNC “of making premature decisions about a project that is in the very early stages of development and months from completion.”

In addition to voting on action against the networks, the resolution says the RNC “shall endeavor to bring more order to the primary debates and ensure a reasonable number of debates, appropriate moderators and debate partners are chosen, and that other issues pertaining to the general nature of such debates are addressed.”

The RNC is looking to exert more influence over the debate process. In 2011 and 2012, the GOP candidates endured more than 20 debates, which some have said resulted in the party emerging from the primaries weakened by infighting and embarrassing nationally televised incidents.

This week, The Washington Examiner also reported that the RNC is considering some high-profile conservative media personalities, like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh, as potential debate moderators.

“I actually think that’s a very good idea,” Priebus said.
Back to top Go down

GOP To Vote Today On Banning NBC, CNN From Debates
Page 1 of 1