The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eight Years Ago We Were In The Battle Of Our Lives.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

Eight Years Ago We Were In The Battle Of Our Lives. Empty
PostSubject: Eight Years Ago We Were In The Battle Of Our Lives.   Eight Years Ago We Were In The Battle Of Our Lives. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:08 pm

Eight years ago yesterday marked the anniversery of Operation Phantom Fury aka The Battle Of Fallujah. We had a front row seat to to the entire battle. We were actually sent out side the wire almost two weeks before the battle began to conduct surveilance and reconasaince. We watched for days as the city was pounded with air and artillery strikes as well as mortars. While the main assault force moved in from the north we became heavily engaged on the southern edge of the city. We were the blocking force and the Insurgents did not like that one bit. I remember spending hours behind a tiny burm pinned down by an enemy sniper. He was good. It took a few hours but we eventually figured out where he was and brought the building to the ground.

We spent the next couple of weeks in almost constant contact with the enemy forces that were regrouping on th southern section of the city known to us as the Queens district. When the main Assault force crossed south over route Michigan; the main road through town, we began to recieve heavier contact until eventually the main force reached our perimeter. This is something that I do not talk about often and many details have been left out but I felt I needed to say something about it. I still cannot believe it has been eight years already. Makes me feel old.

Even though the Iraq war was an unjust war; we were facing a real enemy in that city. The things most have us have done and seen in that city will haunt us for life. Seeing torture chambers and many other grusome things is sobering to the soul. Regaurdless of the reasons for the war and the battle many have been affected by it. Anyone who fought in or bore witness to that battle now has their life defined by it. We will never be the same no matter how hard we try. I don't have much else to say so I will leave you with some youtube videos that show the action first hand. I will warn that there are graphic images in some of them so watch at your own discretion.

As always, Semper Fi.
Back to top Go down

Eight Years Ago We Were In The Battle Of Our Lives.
Page 1 of 1