The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Not for me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Not for me Empty
PostSubject: Not for me   Not for me EmptyWed Feb 20, 2013 4:13 am

I wish all well

Last edited by StandUp4Yourself on Tue May 21, 2013 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tribulation305

Not for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not for me   Not for me EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 1:53 am

This is my first posting here and I am kind of nervous, I guess. I respect Bobby a lot and I don't want to cause any offense while on his forum. That being said, I am in disagreement with your beliefs about it being ok to be lesbian and a Christian.

I don't think you can't be a Christian, because Jesus DOES love you, just like He loves me. And I don't hate you, that wouldn't make sense either. Jesus said we are to love our neighbors as ourselves, and if I were to hate you, then wouldn't I be hating myself? See, Jesus has put you on my heart ever since I first read your letter to Bobby. And He wouldn't have done that if He did not care about you.

I am in the process of reading your link thoroughly, I am not here to argue the issue to death. I just want to share how I understand things. And I know that everyone understands things differently. That's part of the reason why this is taking me so long. I am not building some grand argument and once I have stated how I see things, that will be the last you hear of it, from me. Now, should you wish to discuss anything, then fine, feel free to ask whatever. I won't push the issue or demand that you change. Because that is not my place. I can't make you do anything. Only you can do that.

Ok so here goes.

Do I believe that you can be lesbian AND a Christian?

It is not possible. You can be saved. You can be lesbian. But not both at the same time. The Bible states that you cannot serve two masters.
Matthew 6:24
24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. KJV

Now here it does talk about money, however, the same holds true for our discussion. You cannot serve Jesus and serve your fleshly desires at the same time.

Romans 8:5-17
5 Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. 6 The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace. 7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life[d] because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies because of[e] his Spirit who lives in you.

12 Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13 For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live.

14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. 15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship.[f] And by him we cry, “Abba,[g] Father.” 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. NIV

I hope you understand this, that I am not just another person trying to cram my beliefs down your throat. Because I really am not like that. I honestly have a heavy burden on my heart for you. I have tried to ignore it, I have tried to brush it off because I didn't want it taken the wrong way. Tonight, Jesus pointed out to me through several sources that it is my obligation to respond to this burden. To talk to you and share with you what Jesus wants for you. His love. So I have done it. I am sure that there are other passages that might better explain what I am trying to say. These were the ones He lead me to, so they are what I used. If, through my prayers and reading, I find anymore, I will mark them and share them only if you want me to.

Personally, I think all the anger and hatred over this situation has done way more harm than simply and peaceably sharing what God's Word says. We both read the same Bible as far as I know. And it is all there in black and white. He is not hiding anything from us. I will continue to keep you in my prayers, your mom too. I apologize for the actions of others that have left you feeling so hurt and alone. I welcome you into this community and I look forward to your response, if any. Thank you for taking the time to listen. Tina Thompson. Your Sister in Christ
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

Not for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not for me   Not for me EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 11:24 am

I would like to add to Trib405's loving post , my opinion ...
When we get saved, we have acknowledged our sinful nature, and turn to God/Jesus completely for our salvation -repenting of our sins, . It would be nice if right then and there that we could become perfectly sinless but this isn't so. Noone is automatically all knowing or perfectly sinless after being saved- this being due to our still having the ole flesh nature - Thankfully His spirit comes to reside in the hearts of those He has saved...It is now a daily battle within ourselves (flesh nature vs spirit) to walk aright , and we all MUST NEEDS to submit to Him daily instead of the old flesh nature. He says to crucify the flesh to live unto Him/the Lord.

Not one person can live a sinless life - regardless of how closely one walks with Jesus but thank God HE was that perfect sinless sacrifice and paid that sin debt in full!! Thank God for Jesus' loving sacrifice in our stead.

Living in sin, CAN cause many a problem, loss of rewards and can even lead to early death. But thank God , IF a person has TRULY trusted Christ Jesus as Savior, then he will NEVER lose his/her salvation. It's not of works lest any man shall boast ! (Jesus paid it all - all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain but He washes white as snow.) In God's eyes , the saved are saints now, thanks to the finished work on Calvary.

We individuals are all very different . We grow in faith -have different levels of spiritual maturity /understanding. Sometimes there are sins that one doesn't even realize ARE sins until Jesus sheds TRUTH and light upon it and helps us to see the areas in our lives which need to be cleansed and acknowledged.

I understand the treading softly in your post...and I for one am glad you posted. I too do not want to cram anything down anyone's throats and have the same burden ... It's like you want to protect a child from running playing in the road from danger .
I think it is a good thing to examine our OWN hearts from time to time - God shows us things we do not realize and sometimes quite often!!

Rebellion toward God is a scary thing to me..especially when He talks about this specifically ... the reprobate mind is not a good thing...
We love ya in the Lord , Standup and CARE.
I think she she will be able to sense this ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Not for me Empty
PostSubject: Re: Not for me   Not for me Empty

Back to top Go down

Not for me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Truth Is Viral :: RELIGIOUS DISCUSSIONS :: Christianity & Alternative Lifestyles-
Jump to: