The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Michigan]-Bill would legalize medical pot distribution centers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

[Michigan]-Bill would legalize medical pot distribution centers Empty
PostSubject: [Michigan]-Bill would legalize medical pot distribution centers   [Michigan]-Bill would legalize medical pot distribution centers EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm

I hope this bill passes myself as so many dispensary owners have come under fire since medicinal marijuana was legalized in Michigan. There are many legitimate patients who have no way to procure their medicine with them unless they get it on the street which is just bad news overall. One other issue that does need to be delt with is the high costs of medicinal marijuana from the dispensaries. As a patient myself I know the high costs involved. It is for the most part above street value and some still turn to the streets out of necesity. Their needs to be legislation to help with that aspect of this issue. I am just not sure how to go about it. Some dispensay owners are getting filthy rich off people with legitimate medical needs.

Source.

Quote :
A bill was introduced Tuesday in the state House to legalize distribution centers in Michigan for medical marijuana.

House Bill 4271 -- titled the Medical Marijuana Provisioning Center Regulation Act -- would let communities decide whether to allow such centers and where they could be located. The bill was sponsored by state Rep. Mike Callton, R-Nashville, from rural Barry County northeast of Kalamazoo.

Callton said he was encouraged by having eight Republican cosponsors, along with eight Democrats, and that on Tuesday, he had "several more conservatives ask me if they could cosponsor, but it was too late" to get them listed. The bill now will be assigned to a committee, probably the House Judiciary, but possibly the Health Care Policy Committee, he said.

On Feb. 8, the state Supreme Court issued a ruling widely interpreted to ban in Michigan virtually any public facility that distributes medical marijuana. Callton, acknowledged in Lansing as the first chiropractor to be elected to the Legislature, said that access to medical marijuana should be considered "a health care issue, not a criminal justice issue."

He said that although he voted in 2008 against the statewide ballot proposal to allow medical marijuana use, which voters passed with a 63% majority, he later was persuaded by several of his chiropractic patients of the value of marijuana for easing pain and providing other health benefits.
Back to top Go down

[Michigan]-Bill would legalize medical pot distribution centers
Page 1 of 1