The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It's time to look at Pan-STARRS in the Northern Hemisphere.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

It's time to look at Pan-STARRS in the Northern Hemisphere. Empty
PostSubject: It's time to look at Pan-STARRS in the Northern Hemisphere.   It's time to look at Pan-STARRS in the Northern Hemisphere. EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 6:22 pm

I am going to go to the highest point in the county tonight with a good view of the western skies if all stays clear and beautiful here to get my first glimpse at this one. I will take some photo equipment along and try to get some shots to post. If you would like to look for it it will be located under the moon in the sunset sky. It may take binoculars to see it but is is supposedly getting brighter. It will keep getting higher in the night sky as it moves away from the sun so we should be able to get some nice views over the next couple of weeks. I'll post a chart of it's location tonight and an update from spaceweather.com.

It's time to look at Pan-STARRS in the Northern Hemisphere. Skymap10

http://www.spaceweather.com/

Quote :
Comet Pan-STARRS might have brightened even more than expected when it swung past the sun on March 10th. Updated light curves show the comet peaked at 0th magnitude, about 2.5 times brighter than a 1st-magnitude star. Unfortunately, bright twilight surrounds the comet, making it difficult to find.

The situation will improve in the nights ahead as Comet Pan-STARRS moves away from the sun into darker skies. Soon, it might be possible to walk outside after nightfall, look west, and see the brightening comet with the unaided eye. If you would like to try tonight, look for Comet Pan-STARRS directly underneath the waxing crescent Moon:

Back to top Go down

It's time to look at Pan-STARRS in the Northern Hemisphere.
Page 1 of 1