The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new york open carry law?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zeroxzzz

new york open carry law? Empty
PostSubject: new york open carry law?   new york open carry law? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 4:53 pm

So is there an open carry law like almost all the other states i see people walking around with rifles from all variations strapped to their back and its all legal. Is it possible to do this in NY state, by the way im not in the city its more like central-west central ny which is far away from the city if anyone could help that would be awesome thank you.
Back to top Go down
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: new york open carry law?   new york open carry law? EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 5:42 pm

Here is a link to opencarry.org. They post all of the laws for each state and are usually accurate and up to date. According to them open carry in New York is a no go. Sorry for you. I would suggest you write your representatives and ask them to think about opening legislation that would allow open carry. We have no laws against it here in Michigan and I open carry quite often. It is our right and it should be. Remember you can always move to another state. If Michigan pulled the same shenanigans as New York did I would be out of here. So far Michigan is standing in the face of the new laws and is actually sticking up for it's citizens so far. Anyway, I hope this info helps.

opencarry.org

Quote :
New York is not a traditional open carry state. They are amongst the top 5 rights restricted states in the union.

ETA: I would also look on your states website under firearms laws as well as any local laws or ordinances in the area you live.
Back to top Go down
Lupus Maximus

Lupus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: new york open carry law?   new york open carry law? EmptyTue Mar 19, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm in aprox the same area zero, open carry is a no go, OKJ is right. Where you at zero, I'm in the fingerlakes region.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new york open carry law?   new york open carry law? Empty

Back to top Go down

new york open carry law?
Page 1 of 1