The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: VIDEO EDITORS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, AND MODERATORS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: VIDEO EDITORS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, AND MODERATORS Empty
PostSubject: VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: VIDEO EDITORS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, AND MODERATORS   VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: VIDEO EDITORS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, AND MODERATORS EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 pm

It seems as though lately I keep on coming to you guys asking for help in one form or another; well this post is no different, only instead of asking for your money I'm asking you to contribute your time and talents.

I have come to the realization that this job is too big for one man to handle and do it properly. There is so much information out there that needs to be disseminated to the public in a timely manner, and if I want to put out more than 2 or 3 shows a month I'm going to need your help in the following categories:

VIDEO EDITORS:

I need at least one individual who has a beast of a machine, preferably an Apple with Final Cut software, who would be willing to edit the show for me. I can do it but my computer is an older model, my software is crap, and since I've been shooting in HD I've had serious problems getting a clean render. It seems like I spend most of my time designing workarounds to make the final product viewable instead of spending it gathering information and writing the show.

Once I get the show shot (hopefully at least 2-3 each week) I would transfer the raw footage to you via FTP along graphics and a script generated with Celtx Script Software that tells the editor everything he/she needs to know about when to edit what element in where. I've also had quite a bit of success using Skype's screen share capability to work with an editor in real time, so we would be spending quite a bit of time together.

GRAPHIC ARTISTS & HTML CODERS

I need graphic artists to design logos and graphics for the show that will be used throughout the episodes and across the TTiV brand. I also need a WEB MASTER to take over day to day operations of the new stand-alone website WWW.TTIV.NET.

ADVERTISING

I need a few people, preferably with some experience, to contact advertisers and sign up for banner ad programs; keeping the ads up to date, monitoring their performance, and rotating them accordingly.

To be quite honest, it is personally embarrassing for me to ask for the donations that keep this show going, even though I'm working harder now than at any time in recent memory. I would much rather have the show be self-sustaining through advertising, and that goal is quite achievable if we can just get enough people to visit the website, watch the show, and click on the ads or visit my sponsors. I am NOT in this for the money, but without at least some income our efforts to wake people up will go unheard.

I also need a LOT of volunteers to SPREAD THE WORD! This is probably the most underrated, yet most important, area in which I need help. I need you to post episodes of TTiV in every forum you frequent. I have covered a whole host of topics that are currently popular on the internet, and other than just posting new shows on Twitter, Facebook, reddit, etc., I need you to post appropriate episodes as replies to comments in forums, on Yahoo, CNN, HuffPost, WND, RT - basically everywhere you can. I NEED CHEERLEADERS! cheers (No experience required.)

MODERATORS

I need several individuals to volunteer their time as moderators for this forum and help me run it on a day to day basis. With everything I have going on there is just no way I can hang around here policing up comments from those who can't seem to play nicely with others. Some experience with forum moderation would be nice, but the most important thing I'm looking for in a moderator is honesty and integrity.

Some of the weaker forums have anonymous moderators, something I think engenders distrust among the membership. My moderators will NOT be anonymous, and for those that do their jobs in a fair manner I don't consider this to be a problem.

If anyone is interested in applying for any of these positions, please send me a private message with the following details (which WILL be kept to myself alone.)

Your REAL Name & Phone Number
Your CV, samples of your work, and at least 3 PERSONAL references (For video editors, artists, and those who would have special permissions here or at ttiv.net.)

Thank you in advance to anyone who wants to join the TTiV Posse.

Bobby

Back to top Go down
http://bobpowell.blogspot.com/

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: VIDEO EDITORS, GRAPHIC ARTISTS, AND MODERATORS
Page 1 of 1