The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’ Empty
PostSubject: 9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’   9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’ EmptyMon May 06, 2013 11:53 pm

This makes me absolutely sick. I cannot believe that they would do something like this. I will never visit the memorial as longs as this stands and I encourage others as well. I see they will let the families of the victims in for free. So how about all of the military personnel who have fought in the war on terrorism that was sparked from this event? How about the families of the fallen warriors from the war on terror? This country never ceases to amaze me.

Source.

Quote :
Charging admission fees to the National September 11 Memorial Museum is an outrage and a “slap in the face,” said one group that represents the families of victims.

“Patriotic people from all corners of the country go to teach their children something and show respect, and now they will be faced with this fee? It is outrageous. … [It’s] a slap in the face,” said Sally Regenhard, assistant chairwoman of the 9/11 Parents and Families of Firefighters and WTC Victims, in a CNN report.

The fee only furthers the image of New York City as “money-hungry,” she said in the CNN report. “It is taking advantage of tourists.”

It will also prove counterproductive, she said, and fewer will visit due to the fee.

The communications manager for the 9/11 Memorial, Anthony Guido, said the price for entry will range between $20 and $25, CNN reported.

“This feeds the idea of New York City being money-hungry. It is taking advantage of tourists,” Ms. Regenhard said. “Making people pay to grieve is going to prevent people from paying their respects and learn about the victims.”

Mr. Guido told CNN that an exact price has not yet been set, but it will range from $20 to $25, and family members of 9/11 victims are exempt from all memorial-museum fees and charges.
Back to top Go down
SOT-Lou
TTiV OG
TTiV OG
SOT-Lou

9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’ Empty
PostSubject: Re: 9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’   9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’ EmptyTue May 07, 2013 10:42 am

There are a lot of ''mad" (crazy) folk out there that are making people MAD!
"makes me sick" & "never ceases to amaze me" - yeah, me too, Bro!

Meja has it about right , eh? it's - "All About The Money"
Lyrics:
I find another world inside my mind.
When I realize the crazy things we do.
It makes me feel ashamed to be alive.
It makes me want to run away and hide.

-chorus-
Its all about the money,
its all about the dum dum duh dee dum dum.
I don't think its funny.
To see us fade away.
Its all about the money,
and I think we got it all wrong anyway.

We find stranges ways,
of showing them how much we really care.
When in fact we don't seem to care at all.
This pretty world is gettin out of hand.
So tell me how we failed to understand.

-chorus x2-
Its all about the money,
I don't think its funny.
to see us fade away.
Its all about the money,
and I think we got it all wrong anyway.

I feel there are but few sane and truly caring folk left these days.
Back to top Go down

9/11 memorial fees called ‘slap in the face’
Page 1 of 1