The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Campus Cop Stops Student From Handing Out Constitutions On Constitution Day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

Campus Cop Stops Student From Handing Out Constitutions On Constitution Day  Empty
PostSubject: Campus Cop Stops Student From Handing Out Constitutions On Constitution Day    Campus Cop Stops Student From Handing Out Constitutions On Constitution Day  EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't think that tyranny can be more clearly displayed than it is right here. Our government is proving to successful in their attempts to portray Patriots as enemies. When you are told that you may not hand out free copies of the Constitution on Constitution day then what freedom do we really have left? Let's face it, we no longer live in a free country and haven't for some time. No other time in my thirty years on this planet have I seen a President or an administration that treats there political rivals as enemies in the way that our current president and his thugs. I do feel that we the people are losing the fight and it is due to the fact that the majority of Americans are so complacent in their lives that they do not care about where their rights and freedoms are disappearing to. I no longer feel sorry for the uninformed and complacent people in this country. There is no reason that any patriotic American should be ok with what is happening right now yet there is only a small portion of us actively pursuing a way back to the fundamentals upon which this country was founded. Those who continue to say and do nothing are actively working against the rest of us by doing and saying nothing.

Source.

Quote :
A police officer at Modesto Junior College in California told a patriotic libertarian student that it was against college rules for him to hand out copies of the U.S. Constitution on campus.

Ironically, this flagrant violation of the student’s Constitutional rights took place on September 17th: Constitution Day.

The exchange between student Robert Van Tuinen and a campus police officer was captured on video. Tuinen told the officer that he wished to start a Young Americans for Liberty chapter on campus, and hoped that passing out copies of the Constitution would generate interest in that. The officer, however, maintained that Van Tuinen was not allowed to distribute flyers without college authorization.

“Anytime anything is being passed out it has to be… you have to go through the Student Development office,” said the officer.

The irony of being told to stop distributing copies of the Constitution was not lost on Van Tuinen.

“Do you know what this is?” he responded. “Why are their rules tied to my free speech?”

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects the right of people to exercise free speech and peaceably assemble in public places.

Nevertheless, the officer brought Van Tuinen to the Student Development office, where administrator Christine Serrano told him that he could only hand out flyers while inside a “free speech zone” on campus.

The zone is a sad little circle of cement. It only fits two people, and was booked for days.

Back to top Go down

Campus Cop Stops Student From Handing Out Constitutions On Constitution Day
Page 1 of 1