The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED Empty
PostSubject: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:27 pm

I usually have trouble sleeping anyway. Many are the times when I have gone more than three days without sleeping before, so I see this world record as being well within my grasp. A day and a half? HA! I could do that standing on my head!

The only thing I'm worried about is keeping a browser open that long and maintaining the stream, because the record is for the "longest CONTINUOUS webcast." My computer, like most that are a few years old, does have a tendency to crash from time to time; the flash plug-in, which is essential for the webcast, crashes a couple of times every day. So what I think I'll do is buy a new laptop, putting nothing but the software I'll need for the webcast on the hard drive. When the webcast is over, I'll just return it to Walmart.

lol!

In any case, I'm planning to begin the webcast at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, October 16th, at TTiV LIVE! on Livestream.com and continue broadcasting until at least 8 a.m. on Thursday, October 18th - for a grand total of AT LEAST 48 hours; 12 hours longer than the current record. During that time period I will be delivering the news, interviewing well known guests live, playing music and showing off my skillz as one of the best turntablists in the country, definitely the best in Michigan (just ask Jimmy, he's seen me rock the house as have a few others). I'll also be taking calls about what I report, song requests, and random comments about the show from the unwashed masses, from listeners from all around the world throughout the show via Skype.

Here is a test broadcast I did earlier this year.

http://www.livestream.com/ttivlive/video?clipId=pla_beb4aff7-f6f8-45c2-bdb1-3ff82fe77808

AND, I'll be celebrating my 49th birthday on the 17th! A bunch of my friends are going to throw me a pre-angioplasty Bacon Cheeseburger TOGA PARTY at one of the local pubs, from which I hope to broadcast the entire attempt. Since it's a bar that has to close at 2 a.m. I might have to get a waiver or something from the city; but if all goes well I will have a live audience to help keep me awake and motivated, a pool table, a dart board, and access to the kitchen; Maybe I'll show everyone how to make Bobby's Blueberry Pancakes.
cheers

I think this is going to be EXCITING! Hopefully word of mouth from my regular subscribers will get around quickly enough that I can get a nice big audience.

My goals during this broadcast will be three-fold:
  • Gaining a buttload of new subscribers!
  • Taking donations with which I can buy a new DESPERATELY NEEDED Mac and video editing software.
  • And if course, BRAGGING RIGHTS! I want to get TTiV and myself into the Guinness Book of World Records.

Finally, I'm going to be cool enough to be listed with some of the biggest freaks on the planet.
afro lol!

BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED No_image2l

If anybody has any suggestions about how I can make this 48 hour TTiV marathon more interesting, I am all ears.

Actually, this guy is all ears:

BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED ZcBC7XUPxEqaxNKqS0ihvg2

But you get the idea right?
lol!

EDIT: I've had to postpone the attempt until at least the 3rd of next month. There are financial considerations I did not take into account. Sorry.

Last edited by Bob Powell on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://bobpowell.blogspot.com/
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

PostSubject: Re: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:33 pm

I'll tune in. I'll also call in if you are discussing some topics. Sounds like a good idea to me. My birthday is on the fifteenth only two days apart brother. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

PostSubject: Re: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED EmptyThu Oct 04, 2012 10:35 pm

Jimmy E wrote:
I'll tune in. I'll also call in if you are discussing some topics. Sounds like a good idea to me. My birthday is on the fifteenth only two days apart brother. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I know I can count on you brother. cheers
Back to top Go down
heracat

heracat

PostSubject: Re: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 am

I'm in too Bro!!! What number do I need to call to get on and help out? I have to work for part of both days but I should be able to support at some point. WOW, what a cool thing to attempt! I'll post on FB to my friends as well... cat
Back to top Go down
heracat

heracat

PostSubject: Re: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 4:01 am

Well, did ya do it? I haven't found anything here .... Maybe I am looking at the wrong stuff.
Back to top Go down
Bob Powell
Admin
Bob Powell

PostSubject: Re: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:00 am

heracat wrote:
Well, did ya do it? I haven't found anything here .... Maybe I am looking at the wrong stuff.

See the edit in the OP HC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED   BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED Empty

Back to top Go down

BOBBY'S GUINNESS BOOK OF WORLD RECORDS ATTEMPT - POSTPONED
Page 1 of 1