The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idaho Passes Legislation To Say No To Fed Gun Restrictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

Idaho Passes Legislation To Say No To Fed Gun Restrictions Empty
PostSubject: Idaho Passes Legislation To Say No To Fed Gun Restrictions   Idaho Passes Legislation To Say No To Fed Gun Restrictions EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:51 am

Now here is another to toss into the win column for the 2nd Amendment. I'm glad that so many states are standing up to the federal government over constitutional issues as they should. It is stories like this that give me a glimmer of hope. Good for Idaho and I hope it passes their senate and gets signed into law as well.

Source.

Quote :
If you’re a gun owner living in Idaho, you may have picked the right state to live in. If you’re a gun owner not living in Idaho, maybe you should move there.

The state of Idaho is already one step ahead if the Obama administration successfully passes its gun control proposals.

The Republican-controlled state House just passed legislation that would prohibit state and local police from enforcing any gun control mandates the federal government passes.

The bill passed by a large margin, 55-13, sending it on its way to the state Senate.

If this measure becomes law, any police officer found enforcing new federal gun restrictions could be sentenced up to a year in prison and be fined $1,000.

Republican State Representative Mark Patterson, the bill’s author, told Reuters that Idahoans will be happy with the measure, because no one will be “kicking in their front doors to take their firearms.”

Obama has promised, “If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,” but Idaho state legislators don’t seem to trust this statement.

Idaho isn’t the only state pushing pro-gun measures. State legislatures in Montana, Wyoming, Texas and Virginia have all sought out legislation to block potential federal gun restrictions. One Georgia town is even considering mandating gun ownership.

Bottom line: all across the country, states are sending President Obama a clear message. We don’t want your federal gun control laws here.
Back to top Go down

Idaho Passes Legislation To Say No To Fed Gun Restrictions
Page 1 of 1