The Truth Is Viral
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place for fans and friends of The Truth Is Viral to congregate, share opinions, and support one another. I ask everyone to remain civil and respect the T&C's.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guns and Ammo Magazine Fires Long Time Editor Dick Metcalf Following Gun Control Column

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OathKeepingJarhead
Admin
OathKeepingJarhead

Guns and Ammo Magazine Fires Long Time Editor Dick Metcalf Following Gun Control Column Empty
PostSubject: Guns and Ammo Magazine Fires Long Time Editor Dick Metcalf Following Gun Control Column   Guns and Ammo Magazine Fires Long Time Editor Dick Metcalf Following Gun Control Column EmptyThu Nov 07, 2013 11:19 am

When I first heard about the article published in Gun's and Ammo all I could think is that this could be the death of the magazine. and amendment supporters are fed up with all of the anti-gun propaganda and are becoming very vindictive about responding to anti-gunners. I personally will never purchase another guns and ammo magazine or visit there website. I am glad they fired the author but I am sure the only reason they did so was to save face from the endless barrage from social media.

Source.

Quote :
By now you’ve probably heard about the controversy revolving around one of the gun industry’s oldest publications – Guns and Ammo Magazine.

In the December 2013 issue of the magazine, long time contributing editor Dick Metcalf made some bold assertions about regulating Second Amendment rights.

Grant Cunningham has some good analysis on the column,

To be well regulated, the militia (which was comprised of all able-bodied males) required the availability of and access to the weapons they would need in order to maintain their proficiency. That’s why the Amendment was written: to maintain access to personal defensive arms for the people so that they could protect themselves and, by extension, their country.

Metcalf’s article buys into the idea that regulated means legislated, and then — inexplicably for someone who calls himself an expert on Constitutional law — uses his misunderstanding to say, in essence, that all legislated infringements are perfectly acceptable because they’re just the regulations that the Amendment allows.

We don’t like to report on what other publishers are saying without some context, so we’ve held off on saying anything about it until there was some feedback from Guns and Ammo themselves.

Now, according to the good folks over at The Bang Switch (great blog by the way), the magazine has issued a public response to the situation.

According to the statement issued by editor in chief Jim Bequette, Metcalf is no longer with Guns and Ammo and Book of the AR-15 editor Eric Poole will be joining Guns and Ammo ASAP. It is unclear (to me anyway) if Bequette is also stepping down and being replaced by Poole or if Poole will be taking over Metcalf’s current workload. One thing is for sure is that this scandal is causing a shakeup over at G&A.

Guns and Ammo has been getting simply bombarded on social media over the December column and until now has remained quiet on the subject. Probably smart to get your damage control in order before saying anything, I’m sure we all remember the Recoil magazine debacle.

Hit the preview below to read the full statement at the Bang Switch if you’re inclined.
Back to top Go down

Guns and Ammo Magazine Fires Long Time Editor Dick Metcalf Following Gun Control Column
Page 1 of 1